23 Kasım 2012 Cuma

New Mom Here

To contact us Click HERE
Well it has been an eventful two weeks in this household. I have finally managed to get on Blogger now that little guy is in between feedings. Phew! Who knew how much this little boy would like to eat. I guess he takes after me, I love food. Breastmilk, not sure how much I liked that, but just wait until we can take him to all the weird restaurants that we frequent!

So as my last post suggested, towards the end there I was getting a little testy. But it was all worth it, even if hubs was getting the brunt of my wrath.

The show began at 2 am on Christmas night. I had fallen asleep for maybe an hour and woke with what I thought was the usual midnight bathroom visit. It seemed as though whatever was leaking (TMI) was not typical. My water had finally broken and I was elated. I woke B up, and called the doctor. She told me that she would let the hospital know and to head on over. I called my parents and let them know to start the long drive down here.

I was determined not to get an epidural immediately. I labored for about 5 hours without one. When I came in they said I was about 1 cm dilated. 1 centimeter....unbelievable. I was sure I would be in for a long night, I eventually was given pitocin and that was no fun.

At about 4 centimeters and around 7 am or so, I finally got an epidural. The pain was intense. I think I have already blocked it out. I am sure this is something genetically about women that make us want to do this all over again. We have a reset button that somehow makes us forget the pain once we have our little one in our arms.

The epidural allowed me and B to sleep for sometime. Poor hubs. I was throwing up all over the place but he was so good about watching out for me. Once I woke up some hours later, contractions were still not coming close enough. So more pitocin, yuck. My nurses and midwife were amazing, they were so well coordinated. Around 2:30 ish, I was able to start pushing with guidance, blissfully pain free. Thank you again Mr. Epidural. I had said to hubs, "feel free to stay up here by my head," but he definitely ended up holding a leg! After about an hour of pushing, little Jackson came into the world on December 26th at 3:54 pm. No forceps, no suction, no c-section.

I can't express how amazed I am with this little angel.  I had always been afraid that I wouldn't know what to do with a newborn, and we've already had some missteps, but overall I have felt confident.

My parents made it to the hospital and the in-laws as well. My poor father-in law was super sick though, so they did not stay long. My parents made us a celebratory dinner at the house when we were discharged as well.


Little guy has been doing well thus far. He had a little jaundice which has finally cleared up. He was losing weight so we have another Dr. appointment this week to see what his status is. Newborn photos were just taken last week so hopefully I 'll have a disc of them soon. While I don't want to babble on too much about this momentous occasion, it is hard not to!  I couldn't imagine myself as a mommy a few years ago but as soon as that baby fever started around 29, there was no turning back.

Love you my little one :)

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder