15 Kasım 2012 Perşembe

Mom and More

To contact us Click HERE
So this is a topic I have mentioned to my husband before and I am sure I have written about here as well. What dad do you know that identifies themselves as a dad first? I don't know any. They are John, Mike or Bill before they are "dad."  Now think of your friends with kids, for me they are my friends first and they just happen to have kids. Their kids are awesome and I love them all.

So why is it that I still feel like women, at least those that I don't know, still have to be "mom" first? Even if you look at the recent Republican women presidential candidates, maybe it is simply because they are Republicans, but they constantly refer to their children. We had to hear about Michelle Bachmann's bazillion children and Sarah Palin's brood constantly. I guess it may have something to do with appealing to family values on that side. Because come to think of it, I didn't hear Hillary talking about her daughter constantly as proof of her ability to lead, she can simply run on her record. But, I digress.

My latest example of men not identifying as dad and women easily accepting the role of mom may be from this morning. I had bought a card for my in-laws for Valentine's Day since they are in town this week. B bought an adorable card for Jackson (so cute right, what a great dad) and then proceeded to sign it B. HA!

He didn't even realize until I pointed it out that I signed as mom and he signed as B. He then said, "Well maybe he'll just refer to me as B." I said "That's exactly what you don't want. A surly teenager calling us E and B."

But I can't complain. I have the best husband and son a woman (& mom) could ask for.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder