23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Study Break

Logic games are driving me crazy and I have been dutifully studying for the past hour and a half.

I am changing the blog name again. Silly I know, but I am going back to my original title. I will take back the liberal moniker. Even though it it has been a dirty word, right up there with feminist, I will reclaim it.

Liberal: (from Merriam -Webster's)

Origin of LIBERAL

Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lēodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
First Known Use: 14th century

Related to LIBERAL

Synonyms: broad-minded, nonconventional, nonorthodox, nontraditional, open-minded, progressive, radical, unconventional, unorthodoxAntonyms: conservative, conventional, hidebound, nonprogressive, old-fashioned, orthodox, stodgy, traditional[+]more

Synonym Discussion of LIBERAL

liberal, generous, bountiful, munificent mean giving or given freely and unstintingly. liberal suggests openhandedness in the giver and largeness in the thing or amount given <a teacher liberal with her praise>. generous stresses warmhearted readiness to give more than size or importance of the gift <a generous offer of help>. bountiful suggests lavish, unremitting giving or providing <children spoiled by bountiful presents>. munificent suggests a scale of giving appropriate to lords or princes <a munificent foundation grant>.___________________________________________________

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder