23 Eylül 2012 Pazar


Since I so desperately wanted to post this link to Maureen Dowd's excellent column on the latest debate in the ladies' body wars on FB, (actually I did, but then retracted it because I am once again violating my own rule about not wading in to politics on FB). I think most people get enough politics shoved in their faces on a daily basis and I don't want to add to it! I had to talk about it somewhere so this little bloggie is probably the best place to get my thoughts out.

Back in the OLDEN days, I was part of group in high school called WAHR or Women Against Harassment and Rape. I only bring this up because hubs picked up an old yearbook the other day and said "Really? There was a group called WAHR at your high school and it was needed?" I took it from his tone that he meant, "DUH, ALL women are against harassment and rape."

However, according to Mr. Akin and his recent political gaffe, apparently all women are not against rape. Some of us are still "asking for it."

I thought this whole debate had been settled a long time ago. No, the way I dress does not allow you to think that I went on this date, you spent this money on me, I owe you something, whether I am inebriated or not..I am not asking for it...Or ...yes I am your wife, but if I am not into "it" tonight, I do not have a marital "duty."



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder