23 Eylül 2012 Pazar

Date Night

So Wednesday was the third wedding anniversary. Yay us - that's a long time to be married. This year is also my parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We have some time to go to reach that mark.  But date night is definitely necessary for keeping the love alive even a few years in after having a little one. We managed to sneak in a delicious dinner and a movie - the Dark Knight. I had to see the movie since a lot of it was shot in and around the Burgh. One of the major fight scenes was all over downtown Pittsburgh. And they blew up Heinz Field! It was awesome. 

I was also discussing life after baby with a co-worker who has a son and our twenty-something law clerk. Said co-worker and I were laughing about date nights and how hard it is to get away the first year of baby's life. And it truly is! I have this horrible mommy guilt following me around with "you don't spend enough time with your son as it is...an overnight with the sitter? For shame."

After these fabulous revelations, the law clerk's eyes were a little big. I could almost read his thoughts. 'This is what I have to look forward to after getting married? Date night and maybe some lovin'?" And yes sadly the love gets harder to find the time for, at least in the first year post-baby. My advice to him was get engaged, live together as a couple or as a married couple for awhile before baby and travel. Hubs and I made it a point to get to know our area when we moved here, we traveled to Ireland, Costa Rica, Niagara Falls, and made various small weekend trips as much as possible during the years we have been together. Needless to say, this year, our trips have been few and far between. We have managed to get around but it's definitely not as easy.

This year's holidays will be full of family at our house. I think we are planning on doing Thanksgiving and Christmas. If I hadn't felt like an adult just yet, two major holidays and cooking for the whole family should do the trick.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder